Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My BAD!!

Tonight after eating supper my sister and I took Abbi upstairs to play in her play area. We are sitting there playing and her husband comes in downstairs and yells for us to get downstairs b/c someone is shooting at the house!

We proceeded to quickly make our way downstairs. Once down there I let my Sis keep Abbi in a safe place and went out on the backporch to see what was going on with my brother-in-law. And YES bullets were hitting right in my backyard. Right where Abbi's swing is on the porch. Someone was on the hill next to our house shooting down. So I got in the car and drove down the road to see if I could find out who it was. There were two teenage boys up there shooting a 22 rifle.

When I spoke with them I explained that they needed to be shooting towards the mountains and not toward my house. One of the boys responded with "MY BAD"!!!! What exactly does this mean? Is it slang for "I'm sorry" or just coping an attitude with me. I proceeded to tell him that my little girl was in that house and the next time he decides to shoot, it had better be towards the mountain and not my house. He acted as though he didn't understand what I was so upset about.

What is wrong with teenagers today. Now I know they are not all that bad, but honestly!!! Can you believe he actually didn't get the importance of not shooting towards a house with people in it!! So now I am wondering should I have said anything at all b/c it seems my words had no impact. Hopefully the next time he shoots a gun he will be more careful but probably not. It is things like this that make me wonder if we shouldn't have stricter gun laws. My husband is an avid hunter, but teens today are mostly not responsible enough to have a gun in their possession!!

1 comment:

Shawndi84 said...

Just wanted to say Hi! Abbi is darling!! I cannot believe the story about the boys shooting... It's scary to think your not even safe in your own backyard anymore.

-Shawndi

Our Family

Our Family

Abbi & Daddy

Abbi & Daddy
Summer 2006