Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Music Therapy

Today, we had our first session of music therapy. I was hoping Abbi would love it b/c she responds so well to music and she absolutely love Kindermusic. Alas she was tired and not in the least bit ready to sing and make merry! She cried and wouldn't do what Miss Nancy wanted her to do. Hopefully next week will be better. I have read such great things about this type of therapy and a friend of mine recommended it to me.

Our Buddy Walk is this Sat. I look so forward to this every year. Our FRIENDS group works so hard for several months putting this together. I can't wait to see all the smiling faces and see old friends. I will post with pics this weekend.

Right now I am so exhausted with doing my 18 days of bus duty at school. Being at school by 7am every morning is wearing all of us out. By the time, I get in class with my kindergarteners it feels like it's 3pm already. But I put on a big smile and we start the day with a song b/c I know their parents would love to be spending the day with them but they have to send them to me. So for a few hours each day I stand in their place and provide as much love as I can for my 13 little chickadees. I tie shoes, teach the ABC's and the 123's, as well as help teach them how to be friends. I love my job, but all day long Abbi crosses my mind and I hope that when she starts school one day she will love being there as much as I do. I have the sweetest group of kids this year. Their little faces are always full of fun and mischief. I never get tired of hearing "Mrs. B can you help me make this letter?" or "Mrs. B. can I do this or that?".

I really miss so much with Abbi by working, but my mom does such a great job with her that it's hard to feel bad about it. Thank God for Nana & Pop Pop!

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family

Abbi & Daddy

Abbi & Daddy
Summer 2006