Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy to See Mommy!

Today, I came home from a very tiring day at school. My students had really tested my patience today. I walked in the door at Mom's and Abbi practically ran over to me and hugged me. She was so happy to see me!! This is the first time since she was born 2 1/2 years ago that I felt like she missed me. I almost cried. I guess this is what it's like to feel loved by your child. Oh, I know that Abbi loves me and knows that I'm her mom, but most of the time she honestly doesn't seem to care whether or not I'm in the room or not. That is unless it's time to eat.

Maybe one day soon she will say Mama!! Oh what a happy day that will be! It would be better than anything else that I can imagine. Better than college graduation or winning a large sum of money.

That sweet little face just melted my heart today! I am so glad that God gave her to me to love.

1 comment:

Shawndi84 said...

How sweet... I bet the stress of your day was gone after that!! That's all you need! What a little cutie!! :)

Our Family

Our Family

Abbi & Daddy

Abbi & Daddy
Summer 2006