Monday, May 18, 2009

Frustrated

I will never understand why people have to struggle against each other when they should really be trying to work together to help a child be the best they can be. The only person they are hurting is the child. A child that is completely helpless for the most part. Why does everything have to come down to money??? I want so badly to do and say what I know in my heart to be right but I can't b/c it may compromise my daughter's chances at getting the help I know she will need to be successful in school. Oh if only I had the time to help educate others about the capabilities of our kids with Down syndrome. I wish I could make them see the potential I see if only they would try a little harder to learn more about our kids. My prayer tonight is to be able to be in a place where I can educate those in need about how to teach out kids. I feel a calling like I haven't felt in a long time but I don't know how to answer it. If doors or windows open or even crack I will find a way to get thru!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe, that if someone hasn't been blessed with a child with Ds, then they really shouldn't judge the child's potentials. I don't care how educated a person is. Us being the parent trumps anything that is learned from a textbook! We know our kids way better than they do or ever will.

Debbie said...

You go, girl!!! I'll be praying for you as you do what you can to help Abbi succeed.

JEB goes to public school because there is not a Christian school that offers a NILD exceptional ed. program and he can at least get OT/ST he needs.

Our Family

Our Family

Abbi & Daddy

Abbi & Daddy
Summer 2006