Sunday, February 1, 2009

We're Still Here

Haven't posted in two months! What a slacker! With Christmas, Abbi's Bday coming up and two weddings it has been a little crazy. All here is well. Abbi is doing great. However since she is getting a little older, we are having sleeping issues. It seems as is she takes a nap during the day of any duration she doesn't want to sleep until 11pm or so. I am a person who is ready for bed around 9:30pm so this is greatly affectly my sleep pattern. She has also decided to let us know when she doesn't like something which becomes very interesting during meal times. Gone are the days of my sweet baby who ate whatever I put in front of her with a smile. Now we pass by Mc D's and she yells... French Fry!!! It actually sounds a little more like Fr Fiii. But it is a start.

Her evals thru the school system are off to a good start. We are only asking for OT and Speech. Don't need preschool services when I have my mom. She does such a great job with Abbi. We are going to start her in a small preschool in the fall for a few hours a day a few days a week. Nerve wrecking but it has to happen sometime I know.

She has also decided that she doesn't like people talking on microphones or loud clapping noises. We tried Sesame Street Live this year and we lasted about 5 minutes before she was screaming and climbing me like a ladder. We are told this is a phase and will pass. Oh how I hope so!! Anyone else out there have any advice on this new thing of being scared of clapping and microphones???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany did the same thing. Noises that I thought were not loud at all, scared her. Fire alarm at school, parades,circus, etc. She grew out of it gradually. Maybe their hearing is sensitivie. Wouldn't know it now, have to tell her to turn down the music. Hope this helps Debbie

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like she needs a karaoke machine! She'll love it when she gets to hold the microphone, sing and then... people clap for her!! Seriously, not to worry - you're right about her growing out of it.

Our Family

Our Family

Abbi & Daddy

Abbi & Daddy
Summer 2006