Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Puzzles!

Tonight when we got home,I decided to spend time doing puzzles with Abbi. I hadn't done one with her in a while and expected her to need a lot of help as usual. We have several Melissa & Doug puzzles with the pictures printed behind the puzzle pieces so she matches them up.

I laid all of the puzzle pieces out in the floor and to my surprise she began to pick them up and match them one by one all by herself! I actually sat there and watched her pick up each piece look intensely at it and then scan each part of the puzzle to decide where it should go. I could actually see her "thinking". It was amazing. Each time she matched a piece she would look up at me and say "YEAHHH" and clap her hands. Abbi loves praise and thinks everyone should clap for her each time she does something. I think it is very cute and doesn't everyone want praise when they do something well???

She has also begun to say "no" when she doesn't want to do something. But she usually complies anyway. Most times I can't resist those cute little cheeks on her chubby little face. I am so proud of her!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

WTG Abbi! That's great that she was doing the puzzle on her own!

Our Family

Our Family

Abbi & Daddy

Abbi & Daddy
Summer 2006