Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Poo Poo in the Potty!

We are still working on potty training. Today I noticed that Abbi had the "poo poo" face so I took her to the potty. After I convinced her to sit down, she went "poo poo" in the potty. We clapped and made a great deal over it. I thought it would be a good idea to show her what she did so she would begin to understand. I turned her around and pointed to the poo and told her what a great job she did. Before I knew it she was reaching for it. Luckily I grabbed her hand before she got to it. Shew.... glad I got there first. That would have been a mess. My thing now is what do I do when we are out and have to use a public restroom. She is so small that she almost falls in. Not to mention touching the public toilet is a little more than I care to think about. I have thought of getting child potty seat covers. Anyone reading my blog have any suggestions..........

2 comments:

The Bliss Family said...

Hurray Abbi! What a wonderful accomplishment! That's a good question about what to do about having to go potty out in public. I heard once of someone keeping a training potty in their car but I'm not quite sure what the did regarding the smell and clean up. I'll be interested to see what other readers have to say so I can take notes.

Pam said...

Great job Abbi. I have thought about getting disinfecting wipes to take with me to wipe the toilets in public restrooms. I have seen on Jon & Kate plus Eight that they take a potty seat in their vehcile with them. When I was an hour drive home from work and daycare I would just pull over on the side of the road and let Hannah do the China squat. she actually liked it. I think it made her feel close to her Chinese roots. :)

Our Family

Our Family

Abbi & Daddy

Abbi & Daddy
Summer 2006