Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scared for the First Time!

Tonight I saw Abbi get scared for the first time. It was actually one of her IFSP goals to be "scared" of something unfamiliar. Usually she isn't scared of anything. Tonight at the end of her Elmo video there was a puppet with wild orange hair against a black screen that was singing a song. I looked up from the computer to see her running toward me with open arms and the biggest "poochy" lip I had ever seen. She climbed up in my lap and buried her head in my chest. Then she would look back at the TV to see if it was gone. I was quite amazed as I had never seen her scared before. I was actually happy in a small way because that meant she had developed a new emotion! I guess other parents don't feel this way when their child shows they are scared, but for me it was a cause for celebration. Yeah for normal emotions!!!

1 comment:

Kacey Bode said...

That's awesome! Ella is definetly lacking that fear factor!!

Our Family

Our Family

Abbi & Daddy

Abbi & Daddy
Summer 2006