Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Today is our nation's birthday and I have spent it cleaning windows!! Well I did take some time out to have a picnic with my wonderful family. Abbi ofcourse loved all the attention she gets from all her aunts. It is wonderful to have such a big family. It gives me a break. She got to eat strawberry and her favorite,hamburgers, but honestly the kid loves just about anything. She never knows when she is full and wants "cookie" or "fish" all the time. She is just cute when she "signs" it that we almost can't resist. We usually end up giving in.

She has also recently learned what a potato chip is thanks to Nana. It's okay really, I knew she would eventually. She is growing up so fast. Last 4th of July she couldn't walk and this year she is walking and talking. We are so very proud of her.

Her "sign" vocabulary is up to about 40 words now. She seems to drop the sign or use the sign with the word when she learns to say the word. I have to confess that I haven't worked on her "lessons" as Mom calls them very much this summer. I just want to have fun with her.

Next week, I am going to the National Down Syndrome Congress National Convention in Boston, MA. I can hardly wait. I hope to learn a great deal while there to bring back to our FRIENDS group here in TN.

Junior is working very hard on our cabin and 100 acres to try and get it ready so we can begin staying in it some this summer. He bought a new "toy" yesterday. An air compressor and nail gun. He has nailed almost everything down.......... :-) Boys and their toys. It really did make the job of putting the wood on the ceiling easier though.

Well that's all for now. I will post more when I get back from Boston.

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family

Abbi & Daddy

Abbi & Daddy
Summer 2006